RE: SDL-News: Import/Export - reg

Subject: RE: SDL-News: Import/Export - reg
From: Elangovan Angannan (sdlelango#yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 10:33:52 GMT

-----From Elangovan Angannan <sdlelango#yahoo.com> to sdlnews -----

Dear Laurent DOLDI,

I mistyped the SR2 signalroute definition. The SR2 was
from env to P1. I was able to send the signal
SetX(Integer) from env to P1. But the process2 was not
able to import the remote variable x and was not able
to send the FromP2(Integer) signal back to the
environment.

Yes, You are right. I am from India.

Thanks a lot for any help
Elango

--- Laurent DOLDI <laurent.doldi#wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Dear Elangovan,
>
> It seems that the signaroute SR2 is in the wrong
> direction: it is going from p1 to env, this means
> that you can output setx to env. If you want to
> send a signal from env to p1, you need to write:
>
> signalroute SR2 from env to p1 with setx;
>
> The time in your email indicates that you are
> maybe in India, am I right?
>
> Kind regards,
> Laurent.
>
> At 23:12 12/06/01 -0700, you wrote:
> >Dear John Svensson & Laurent DOLDI ,
> >
> >Thanks a lot for your valuable responses.
> >
> >The objective of this system is to send a signal
> >setx(Integer) from env to process1. The process1
> has
> >to export the value, so that process2 can import it
> >and send back to the environment through
> >fromp2(Integer) signal.
> >
> >I tried your recommendations. I was able to solve
> the
> >error reported by my SDL tool(cynderella). But I
> was
> >not able to achieve my objective.
> >
> >Where exactly am I failing?
> >
> >Thanks in advance for any help
> >Elango
> >

> > *** START of modified system ***
> >
> > package referenced;
> >
> > package mypackage;
> > signal setx(integer),fromp2(integer);
> > endpackage;
> >
> > use mypackage;
> > block myblock;
> > remote x integer;
> > signalroute SR1 from p2 to env with fromp2;
> > signalroute SR2 from p1 to env with setx;
> > process p1 referenced;
> > process p2 referenced;
> > endblock;
> >
> > process <<block myblock>>p2;
> > imported x integer;
> >
> > start;
> > nextstate waitx;
> >
> > state waitx;
> > input none;
> >
> > output fromp2(import(x));
> > nextstate -;
> > endstate waitx;
> > endprocess;
> >
> > process<<block myblock>>p1;
> > signalset setx;
> > dcl exported x integer;
> >
> > start;
> > nextstate init;
> >
> > state init;
> > input setx(x);
> > export(x);
> > nextstate-;
> > endstate init;
> > endprocess;
> >
> > *** END ***

> Laurent DOLDI *** new book: SDL Illustrated ***
> (see my web site)
> TransMeth Sud-Ouest
> 27, av. Segoffin 31400 TOULOUSE FRANCE
> Tel.: +33 5 61 25 59 54 Fax: +33 6 07 74 87 71
> Mobile: +33 6 80 26 62 31
> Email: laurent.doldi#wanadoo.fr
> Web site: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/doldi/sdl

--End text from Elangovan Angannan <sdlelango#yahoo.com> to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>