Re: SDL-News: Two SDL systems on the same target platform

Subject: Re: SDL-News: Two SDL systems on the same target platform
From: Rick Reed TSE (rickreed#tseng.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 13:57:50 GMT

-----From Rick Reed TSE <rickreed#tseng.co.uk> to sdlnews -----

Monear Jalal at monear_j#yahoo.com wrote on 30/06/2000 16:12:

> I'm embarking on a new problem that raised the
> issue whether it is possible to have two SDL
> systems running on the same application and
> target platform
>
> The existing SDL system is a well defined
> and tested "light integrated" layout and
> takes care of its own defined application.
> This system currently interacts with a number
> of other tasks under an existing RTOS.
>
> Without restructuring the existing SDL system
> is there a way of defining another second "light
> integrated" SDL system and enable communication
> between those two systems under the existing
> RTOS and the existing target platform.

There is no problem as far as the SDL language is concerned. The environment
of an SDL system is expected to behave in an "SDL-like" way. The environment
of one system can therefore contain one or more other SDL systems.

Whether you can actually do this will depend on exactly what run-time system
you are using and how it is integrated with the SDL systems.

--
Rick Reed - rickreed#tseng.co.uk
Tel:+44 1455 55 96 55 Fax:+44 1455 55 96 58 Mob.:+44 7970 50 96 50

-----End text from Rick Reed TSE <rickreed#tseng.co.uk> to sdlnews ----- For extra SDL Forum Society benefits, join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>