RE: MSC-News: Z.120 Grammar

Subject: RE: MSC-News: Z.120 Grammar
jan.docekal#telelogic.se
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 14:39:18 GMT

-----From jan.docekal#telelogic.se to mscnews -----

Dear Prakash,

MSC '96 was not LALR (1) compatible when relelased in 96, this has been
corrected in the standardization work that followed the release. I'm not
sure how you can obtain the master list of corrections, but other persons on
this list should be able to direct you to the correct information (i think
that the SDL-forum society allowed to mirror some of ITU's infomation, but
don't know where to find it (if present) on their website). Telelogic has a
parser, but we are not using YACC (furthermore I'm "probably" not allowed to
send you the definition anyway).

MSC 2000 should be LALR (1) compatible (if errors where not intorduced in
the last session in November). I am however interseted in hearing of any
problems that you may have with MSC 2000 as input for future standardization
work. Please send your questions, error reports or comments on this list in
order for other people to share the knowledge.

Best regards,

Jan Docekal.

-----End text from jan.docekal#telelogic.se to mscnews -----