MSC-News: SDL-NEWS: SDL relationship with MSC

Subject: MSC-News: SDL-NEWS: SDL relationship with MSC
From: Tim Boles (tboles#alpha.wvup.wvnet.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 16 1999 - 22:04:57 GMT

-----From Tim Boles <tboles#alpha.wvup.wvnet.edu> to mscnews -----

I am doing research for my master degree thesis. I am trying to find
information on the relationship between State Transition Diagrams and
Message Sequence Charts. In particular I want to be able to do traces
based on a MSC through a STD, when the MSC and STD not derived from each

other. I know that SDL is related to Finite State Machines (which are
the basis for State Transition Diagrams). Does anyone know of any good
reference materials in this area or of anyone doing research in this
area?

--
Tim Boles
Database Administrator

-----End text from Tim Boles <tboles#alpha.wvup.wvnet.edu> to mscnews ----- Join http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm for extra SDL Forum Society benefits For help, email "majordomo#sdl-forum.org" with the body of your email as: help or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-mscnews#sdl-forum.org